Following up has never been my thing. I live for loose ends. I feed off half-stories and partial tales. Once something happens, it’s done with. Plus, if it’s that important then I’m sure I’ll hear about it from someone else soon enough (let someone else worry about that). This is true for me, but for others, these nagging bits of unfinished business might be the end of you. Maybe I’ve been leading you on for the last while. I’ve started topics, piqued your curiosity, engaged your mind, made you all hot and bothered about an interesting topic and then stopped abruptly before getting you to the literary climax you deserve.
Well to all of you still sitting in limbo, consider this edition your happy ending.
Where we left off
Original post: How to pick up guys and other inanimate objects
Where we left off: I wanted to find a man (I was bored that day) and asked you yahoos what the best way was. Taking a look at the poll – you suggested I ridiculously leave it to fate. Like god doesn’t have anything better to do than send a hottie my way. Sheesh.
The follow-up: But as suggested, I did leave it to fate….and fate led me to plenty of fish.com. Priced @ $0, it was definitely within my price range. Now my potentials can find me in person or online, woo! I’m so multidimensional now.
Original post: At first I was afraid
Where we left off: I claimed I was a social media marketer (only cuz I am!)
The follow-up: I’m now working with 3 companies (2 paid, one volunteer) as a Marketing/Social media specialist. I love it when slight exaggeration turns into happy reality.
Lesson kids: When you keep lying to yourself, everyone eventually believes it too and then it becomes a reality. Yay!
Original post: A novel idea
Where we left off: Me- the novice novelist. You – the critical critic. Together we made a lopsided cake (there was no support, get it??). I promised gifts of power, unrestrained judgement, the title of ultimate critic and a $25 Visa Gift card prize contingent on me receiving at least 25 comments. Even after a massive social media marketing campaign, I only received just over a dozen responses (all great!).
So what’s a girl to do?: the only rational thing to do – Run the contest again! All the current entries will remain intact but I’m giving everyone else till Jan 31st to read the snippet and post or email a comment. If I get 25+ comments, then I’ll randomly select a winner. Anything less than 25, then EVERYONE who responds gets a $5 gift card to a popular location, woo!
Original post: DAM that sounds good
Where we left off: At the end of this post I promoted several posts that I planned on writing.
- Budget Life: Math time! Add up all the money you spend in a month on the fun stuff, cut it by over 60% and then try to live off the rest. Can you reach the end of the month before you reach the end of the money?
- STATUS: Done!
- The $10 Dinner Party: Serving a party of 7 on a $10 budget. Macaroni and cheese not allowed… Darn it.
- STATUS: Done!
- What in the world?: Sometimes I attend events that can go really, really well…or the complete opposite. Either way it makes for a great story.
- STATUS: Done!
- Bye-Bye Mustard: Pineapple slices; chutney; alfalfa sprouts; cranberry sauce; butter chicken sauce; bacon wrapped and deep-fried. Creative and delicious (?) ways the old-fashioned hot dog has being revamped.
- STATUS: Ya, well I did actually start going to a few hot doggie places but after trying 6 different types of hot dogs, I realized that I never wanted to eat another hot dog again. Perhaps next time I shouldn’t try eating all 6 in one sitting…. Burp.
Original post: Pie Times
Where we left off: We didn’t leave off anywhere. I just love that there were 22 homemade pies to try and none of them were boring ol apple. I will never get over this very wonderful day!
The bottom line: I will attend anything as long as there’s food involved. ;)
The original post: Happy 365! (My one year blogging anniversary)
Where we left off: Another post tantalizing you with upcoming post ideas.
- Gastronomic Anomalies: with so much good food out there, why do people feel the need to make this stuff??
- STATUS: postponed. This was in regards to an invention by my favourite late night poutine parlour – poutine pizza. Regular pizza crust, gravy and cheddar cheese as topping, and deep-fried French fries on top. Sound delicious? Yup, to me too. Gotta try this little bit of heaven one day.
- Happy Sexy You
- STATUS: Done!
- How am I supposed to eat THAT?
- STATUS: Well this one’s still coming up so I’m not gonna give this one away just yet…
- The bartering system: the real oldest profession
- STATUS: Ditto for this. I’ve got some great ideas for this one too!
Did I miss something?
So there you have it. A follow-up to most, if not all of the open-ended posts I’ve left you hanging with for the past few years. If I missed anything or if you have questions about something I’ve done in the past (or said I was gonna do is more likely), feel free to drop me a line and ask me a question in the comments box below or @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Maybe I’ll follow up your question with a whole blog post…or maybe I’ll just start a blog post and leave the ending up to your imagination. After all, the #1 rule for everything is simple:
You gotta leave ’em wanting more…